Why Choose Our School?
While there are many reasons to choose to enrol your child at Avenel Primary School, the feedback we receive through our Parent Opinion Survey and through our parent bodies endorses the following features of our school:
- We provide quality educational programs which are underpinned by an evidence based approach to education and child development.
- We are consistently pushing an improvement agenda and adopt progressive education programs in curriculum areas such as STEM.
- We are a community-based school which seeks to draw upon the expertise in our community and give back to the community.
- We develop rich cross-age connections across our school and provide social opportunities for our students to play and work with kids of all ages.
- Our school is underpinned by an explicit focus on inclusion, care for others and the celebration of progress and achievement.
- We pride ourselves in providing a personalised education for each child, knowing each child as learner in the broadest sense.
- We have an explicit focus on Personal and Social development and on nurturing the whole child.
- We have highly regarded strengths in educational leadership, being consistently recognised at state and local levels for our progressive approach to education.
- We provide a welcoming, friendly environment for all members of our school community: happy kids, happy teachers in a collaborative, open learning environment.
Our school zone
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au. Findmyschool.vic.gov.au hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones for 2020 onwards.
Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
The Department provides guidance through the School Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.
You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.