Why Choose Our School?
While there are many reasons to choose to enrol your child at Avenel Primary School, the feedback we receive through our Parent Opinion Survey and through our parent bodies endorses the following features of our school:
- We provide quality educational programs which are underpinned by an evidence based approach to education and child development.
- We are consistently pushing an improvement agenda and adopt progressive education programs in curriculum areas such as STEM.
- We are a community-based school which seeks to draw upon the expertise in our community and give back to the community.
- We develop rich cross-age connections across our school and provide social opportunities for our students to play and work with kids of all ages.
- Our school is underpinned by an explicit focus on inclusion, care for others and the celebration of progress and achievement.
- We pride ourselves in providing a personalised education for each child, knowing each child as learner in the broadest sense.
- We have an explicit focus on Personal and Social development and on nurturing the whole child.
- We have highly regarded strengths in educational leadership, being consistently recognised at state and local levels for our progressive approach to education.
- We provide a welcoming, friendly environment for all members of our school community: happy kids, happy teachers in a collaborative, open learning environment.